A methodology for managing and winning high-value complex sales.
When an organization makes a significant purchase, the decision-making process can get very complicated. Several players with different objectives and motives get involved; emotions and politics further complicate matters.
This creates challenges for sales people who must form a team of their own experts, identify the buying players and discover their goals, concerns and buying motives. Strategies to win their trust and support must be developed.
Deals are lost or delayed at the last minute because key information has been overlooked. In a large deal, information is power.
Strategic Selling® significantly improves the odds of winning complex sales opportunities. At the same time you’ll be able to allocate time and other resources on those opportunities most likely to become profitable, long-term customers.
Typical sales challenges and problems that can be helped or solved:
- Close rate of the high-value and strategic opportunities not satisfactory
- Tendency to sell on price, not value. Discounts as a way of getting sales
- Weak sales forecasting accuracy
- Too many sales people not reaching quota
- Weak use of time in sales
- Unplanned and ineffective meetings
- Small contact surface with customers or prospects
- No understanding of own position within the account
- Speaking with top management being uncomfortable
- Product led sales
- Analyzing and forming strategies for sales opportunities not seen meaningful, plan as you go
- Clear, logical and straight-forward method to win high-value complex sales opportunities by developing comprehensive strategies
- The result will be a realistic action plan for selling solutions that require approval from multiple decision makers within the customer organization
- Tasks, responsibilities and timetable for moving sales opportunities forward; organizes the sales team to do right things at the right time.
- Increases win rates
- Shorten average sales cycles
- Increases average deal size
- Builds long term customer relationships
- More productive sales organization
Enables sales to:
- Identify and position solutions with the true decision makers.
- Analyze each decision maker’s receptivity to change to determine whether a sale is possible.
- Close business consistently from quarter to quarter and avoid the “roller coaster” pattern of sales.
- Focus sales efforts on those activities that matter the most
- Allocate selling time strategically for different opportunities and accounts
- Shorten the sales cycles with well-timed activities and realistic action plan
- Create results that are good for you and your customer at the same time
Enable sales management and senior leadership to:
- Employ a common way to analyze the status of sales opportunities and establish next steps.
- Quickly identify opportunities that are worth the investment of resources.
- Collect and share best practices from top performers with the rest of the sales team.
- Improve sales forecasting accuracy, allocation of sales resources and communication between field sales and sales management
- Identify why customers buy from you and what aspects influence that
- Recognize when to walk away from resource-intensive deals with low probabilities of success, when to incorporate wider organization to support sales work
Who should attend?
Any member of the organization involved in selling high-value deals, from field salespeople to senior management to sales support.